WHAT IS ARTCUL?
The ArtCul Committee, or the Arts and Culture Committee, is a sub-committee within UNESCO Club Global City, a student-run organization based in the Philippines, specifically in Global City, Taguig. Founded in year 2010, as a part of the club, the ArtCul Committee continues to grow and establish a platform for the youth in the Philippines to take a stand for change, as well as to build up a cooperative organization where students of various ethnicities and religious denominations come together for one cause.
Our committee focuses specifically on improving arts in the Philippines as well as advocating the knowledge and importance of culture, especially of the indigenous peoples, to today’s youths. We also involve in activities which advocate the protection and improvement of general human rights in the Philippines, such as the Right for Education, Women’s Protection, the fight against Human Trafficking and No to Bullying and Suicide.
The ArtCul Committee provides many opportunities to both high school and college students. Our activities include creating our own projects, planning events and fundraisers, Culture and Heritage trips, awareness projects. Being student-run, members have the freedom to organize and plan, volunteer, serve the community and help improve through both small and big actions.
The ArtCul Committee is heavily reliant on the students that create the team. The following core values we have become our guide in dealing with all our activities and encounters as a committee.
- Ambition, Aspiration and Passion
- Balance of work and play
- Consistency, Efficiency and Professionalism
- Acceptance of diversity
- Flexibility in various circumstances
- Growth and Improvement
- Hard Work and Perseverance
- Love and Enjoyment
- Teamwork and Unity
- Create an impact in the lifestyles of the people around us,
- Have new learning experiences for growth, with enjoyment and expression of creativity and passion,
- Inspire each other and other people to be better people and citizens of this world,
- Nurture and promote the culture and arts of the Philippines and of the world,
- Aspire to change what is now for the betterment of society as a whole.
- Expansion of the club to advocate awareness to more youths
- Create an organization and a community of caring and motivated individuals
- Improve general education in the Philippines
- Raise awareness for the violation of rights and the ways to solve this